Sunday, April 3, 2022

One Year Later... I'm possibly still here

 I knew that I needed a break from my blog. Discouragement comes easily, especially for one who has high standards for herself (and others). I do remember a year ago that I had a conversation with my boss about how the year had not been going as great as I had hoped: the teacher I was working with and I did not get along. We had very different philosophies of education. Because she expected one thing from our students during her morning hours and I expected something else from them during my afternoon hours, it was just a mess of expectations met with a great deal of confusion from our students. And since I refused to let myself do that for another year, I met with my Head of School, told her the truth and asked to be put somewhere else for the following year. The result of that conversation was a promotion and a raise. 

With the added responsibilities of being a lead teacher (which frankly weren't all that different from being an assistant entirely because of my background in Montessori education. Different methods of Education place different expectations and responsibilities on their teachers. At my current school, the expectations and responsibilities of a lead vs assistant teacher really weren't that different.), I had renewed determination to give my full attention to my students. Insofar as writing is concerned -- especially since there is nothing financial that I gain through writing -- I opted to instead turn to journaling once again to help me to process my thoughts. I still journal - I think it's a beautiful practice - but now I have a thought that I wanted to leave here for pondering purposes. If anyone finds it and has a thought of their own to share, you're welcome to in the comments. 


Please see the next post.